How To Use The Calculator
- To use the calculator, enter the values printed on your pet food’s label.
- If you know the food’s carbohydrate content, enter this value in the last field. If you don’t, check “calculate automatically” to allow the calculator to find the food’s carbohydrate content for you.
- As you enter each value, the calculator will automatically find its percentage of the food on a dry matter basis, and the dry matter values will appear in the right column.
- If you don’t know the value of a certain component, you may leave the field blank, but remember that your results will be distorted by this omission.
- If you don’t know the value of a certain component, you may leave the field blank, but remember that your results will be distorted by this omission. You may ask the cat food company if you need more information on any nutritional values.
Remember that the values printed on your food’s guaranteed analysis
are maximums and minimums and may not represent the exact nutritional content of the food. For this reason, your results may not add up to 100%. For more accurate numbers, please contact the cat food company and request a typical nutrient analysis.